Love heart smoked salmon muffins
This quick, delicious breakfast in bed is a great Valentine’s treat.
FEEDS 2 READY IN 10 MINS ENERGY 1719 KJ / 411 KCAL
- 2 muffins, halved
- 2 tbsp Co-op light soft cheese with cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp Co-op guacamole
- 80g Co-op Irresistible smoked salmon, sliced
- Handful flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 lemon, sliced into wedges
- Toast the muffin halves until golden, then cut into heart shapes. Spread each piece with soft cheese and guacamole.
- Top with the salmon, season with black pepper, scatter with the parsley and serve with the lemon wedges.
hate waste? Whizz your muffin offcuts into breadcrumbs and store in the freezer for later
Be mine pizza
Grab a Co-op pizza, add some veggies and create this beautiful heart-shaped meal.
FEEDS 2 READY IN 20 mins ENERGY 2037 KJ / 484 KCAL
- 4 slices Co-op chorizo
- ½ red pepper, deseeded
- 1 x Co-op thin and crispy margherita pizza
- 1/3 bag Co-op baby leaf salad
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Co-op balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6. Cut heart shapes out of the chorizo slices and red pepper, then arrange them on the pizza. Cook according to the pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, mix together the salad ingredients. When the pizza is ready, cut into 4 then remove a small triangle from the top of each slice to make heart shapes.
Save your scraps – Add the offcuts from the chorizo, red pepper and pizza to your salad
Chocolate & strawberry fingers (V)
Nibble these treats together in the evening as you snuggle up on the sofa watching your favourite film with a glass of fizz.
MAKES 6 SLICES READY IN 30 MINS ENERGY 1261 KJ / 302 KCAL
- Co-op plain flour, for dusting
- ½ x 500g pack Co-op frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 Co-op British free range egg, beaten
- 150g strawberries, hulled
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 60g Co-op Fairtrade 70% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Lightly dust a worktop with flour and roll out the pastry to 32cm x 23cm. Brush the edges with some of the egg.
- Thinly slice 3 of the strawberries, then blend the rest. Mix the sugar, cinnamon and chocolate together, scatter over the pastry and top with the sliced strawberries.
- Fold a third of the pastry into the centre, then fold over again. Put on the baking tray, brush with a little egg, then scatter with the almonds. Bake for 20 mins, or until golden.
- Leave to cool, then cut into 6 slices and serve with the puréed strawberry for dipping.
Co-op wine buyer Ben says: ‘Our delicate and refreshing Irresistible Sparkling Rosé is full of ripe strawberry and red fruit flavours, which make it a fine accompaniment to this delicious treat.’
Dinner à deux
Head to Co-op between 31 January and 13 March to find our meal deal offer special enough for your Valentine’s Day dinner.
Choose a main, side and dessert (or another side, if you like), all serving two, for just £6. As well as making a delicious weekday meal, they’re ideal for sharing on 14 February. Are you tempted by our Irresistible Lasagne al Forno, 700g, Irresistible Balsamic Vinegar & Roast Garlic Flatbread, 230g and Irresistible Chocolate Melt in the Middle Puddings, 2 x 137g (pictured)? Or maybe you like the look of our cover dish – British Beef Ranch Steaks, 300g, with Irresistible Chips, 400g and Asparagus Tips, 100g on the side? Whatever you choose, it’ll be delicious and easy to cook, leaving you more time to spend together.
† Meal deal available from 31 January to 13 March, subject to availability. Participating stores only.