Watercress salad with warm mustard & bacon dressing
Serves 1 • Ready in 15 mins
- 1 Co-op British free range egg
- 2 tbsp Co-op extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 rashers Co-op Irresistible air dry cured smoked streaky bacon
- ½ x 75g pack Co-op watercress
- Crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- Boil the egg in a pan of simmering water for 5½ mins for a jammy centre, or to your liking. Rinse under cold water, peel then halve.
- Meanwhile, whisk the oil, mustard (leftover from ‘Switch it up‘) and lemon juice to make a dressing.
- Cook the bacon (leftover from ‘First taste‘) for 3-4 mins, or until crispy, in a nonstick frying pan, then transfer to kitchen paper and pat dry. Crumble into the dressing.
- Toss with the watercress (leftover from ‘Fun in the sun‘), then serve the salad with the egg on top and the crusty bread on the side, if you like.