1. Co-op Scotch Eggs, 227g
2. Co-op Mini Pork, Pickle & Cheese Pies, 200g
3. Co-op Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers, 120g
4. Co-op Sausage Rolls, 330g
Terms & conditions: 3 for 2 across selected PICNIC lines, see shelf edge for included products and prices. If multiple products are purchased only the cheapest will be included in the deal. Cheapest item free. Subject to availability, varieties as stocked.
PICK UP INSTORE
5. Co-op Irresistible Posh Ploughman’s Sub Roll, each
6. Co-op Moroccan Style Chicken Salad, 245g
7. Co-op Salsa, 200g
8. Co-op GRO Incredible Burger Bites with a Tangy Burger Sauce Dip, 68g
9. Co-op Houmous, 200g
10. Co-op Irresistible Chicken & Bacon Caesar Sandwich, each
11. Co-op Feta & Beetroot Salad, 250g
12. Co-op 4 Vegan Pies, 200g
13. Co-op Indian Style Chicken Salad, 250g
14. Co-op Mixed Olive Trio, 240g
15. Co-op Dijon Mustard, 185g
Bacon & mushroom crustless quiche (GF)
Also known as a frittata, this dish packs maximum flavour into every slice
Serves 6 • Ready in 1 hour, plus cooling
- 2 tbsp Co-op olive oil, plus 1 tsp for greasing
- 6 rashers Co-op British smoked rindless back bacon, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 200g Co-op chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 6 large Co-op British free range eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 70g pack Co-op wild rocket
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan and cook the bacon and onion for 5-6 mins, stirring frequently, until golden.
- Push them to the side of the pan, then add the remaining 1 tbsp oil, the mushrooms and red pepper. Cook for 4-5 mins more, until tender, then remove from the heat.
- Grease and line a 20cm-diameter fixed-base cake tin. Tip in the mushroom mixture, reserving a little for the top. Add the egg and chopped parsley, season, then pour into the cake tin.
- Scatter over the rest of the mushroom mixture, then bake for 30-35 mins, until the frittata is golden and set. Allow to cool before turning out and slicing to serve, along with the rocket.
Veggie scotch eggs (V)
Scotch eggs are a big deal right now! For our version, we’ve swapped the usual meaty coating for a vibrant pea mix
Makes 6 • Ready in 45 mins, plus cooling and chilling
- 8 Co-op British free range eggs
- 300g Co-op frozen British garden peas
- 2 tbsp Co-op plain white flour
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 200g fresh breadcrumbs
- 125g Co-op Irresistible Somerset mature Cheddar, grated
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add six of the eggs and simmer for 5 mins. Add the peas for the last 3 mins, then tip everything into a colander and run under cold water before leaving to cool fully.
- Put the flour in a shallow bowl and separate the two remaining eggs.
- In a food processor, blitz the cooled peas with the spring onions until coarsely chopped. Add 125g of the breadcrumbs, plus the cheese, egg yolks and mustard, then blitz again.
- Carefully peel the cooled eggs and roll each one in the flour, shaking off any excess. Divide the pea mixture into six portions, then lightly wet your hands and shape a portion around each of the eggs, pressing gently, until completely covered. Chill for 30 mins.
- Fill a deep pan about a third full with oil and heat to 170°C — it’s ready when a small cube of bread turns golden in 20 seconds.
- Lightly whisk the egg whites. Roll the chilled Scotch eggs in the whites, then the remaining breadcrumbs to coat.
- Gently lower into the hot oil and cook in batches for about 3 mins, until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper before serving, or allow them to cool, then wrap for your picnic.
Chopped fresh herbs like parsley or coriander are a great alternative to spring onion here.
Pineapple crispy rice cakes (GF)
No picnic is complete without a delicious sweet treat — these travel brilliantly
Makes 24 • Ready in 15 mins, plus cooling
- 150g Co-op unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 160g pack Co-op marshmallows
- 125g Co-op Fairtrade white chocolate, chopped
- 75g Co-op desiccated coconut
- 150g Co-op crispy rice cereal
- 65g dried pineapple, roughly chopped
- Grease and line a 23cm x 32cm tin. Melt the butter in a large saucepan before adding the marshmallows and 75g of the white chocolate. Stir until melted and fully combined.
- Add the coconut and cereal, then stir well. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and level using the back of a spoon. Scatter the pineapple pieces over the top and press them into the mixture.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle over the top before leaving to cool. Cut into triangles and serve.
DID YOU KNOW…
… that you can help communities when buying Co-op branded products when you’re a Co-op Member? Full details here.
EASIER TO RECYCLE
Now your picnic can be better for the environment, because we’re making all our packaging easier for you to recycle. Here’s how…
HEAD INSTORE TO RECYCLE SOFT PLASTICS
This summer, we’re putting recycling bins in our stores for soft plastics — things like crisp packets and bread bags — making it easier for you to do your bit for the environment. This means that, between your recycling bins at home and our bins instore, all Co-op food packaging is now recyclable — including the packaging in our picnic range. So, when you’ve folded up the rug and put away the leftovers, recycle what you can at home, rinse the soft plastic packaging, then bring it instore to recycle next time you shop with us. Clean it. Scrunch it. Co-op it.
1. Co-op Scotch Eggs, 227g 2. Co-op Moroccan Style Chicken Salad, 245g 3. Co-op Irresistible Rainbow Slaw, 250g
4. Co-op Sausage Rolls,330g 5. Co-op Irresistible Posh Ploughman’s Sub Roll, each 6. Co-op 20-piece Snack Pack, 236g