Cherry tomato & spring onion cous cous lunchbox (VG)
Swap the standard sarnies for this vegan cous cous
Serves 1 • Ready in 15 mins
- 30g Co-op cous cous
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- Zest and juice of ¼ lemon
- 100g Co-op GRO Chick’n pieces
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 10 Co-op red seedless grapes
- ½ medium apple, sliced,
- ½ Co-op carrot, cut into sticks
- Wholemeal tortillas (optional)
- Put the cous cous and turmeric in a bowl and pour over enough boiling water to just cover it (roughly 90ml). Cover the bowl with a plate and set aside for 10 mins.
- Fluff the cous cous with a fork. Stir in the lemon zest and juice, followed by the Chick’n pieces, tomatoes, spring onion and parsley.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. Pop in your lunchbox when needed, with the grapes, apple and carrot sticks. Add the tortillas, if you like.
Tuna mayo jacket potato lunchbox (GF)
Bake the sweet potato the night before, to save time in the morning
Serves 1 • Ready in 10 mins, plus baking
- ½ x 145g can tuna chunks in water, drained
- ½ x 198g can Co-op naturally sweet sweetcorn in water, drained
- ½ small red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 sweet potato, baked
- Pinch smoked paprika
- 60g celery sticks
- 20g Co-op light soft cheese
- 125g cubed melon with mint
- Co-op unsalted rice cakes (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together the tuna, sweetcorn, red pepper and mayonnaise until well combined. Stir in the coriander.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. When ready to use, spoon the tuna mayo over a baked sweet potato and sprinkle with the smoked paprika.
- Put into your lunchbox with the celery sticks, soft cheese and melon with mint. Add the rice cakes, if you like.
Make double the tuna mayo, so you have a batch on standby. It’ll keep in the fridge for up to three days.