Rarebit-stuffed mushrooms (V)
This starter packs a satisfying savoury flavour punch
Serves 2 • Ready in 25 mins
- 6 large Co-op British chestnut mushrooms
- 100g Co-op cocktail tomatoes on the vine
- 60g Co-op British grated mature Cheddar
- 2 Co-op British free range egg yolks
- 1 tbsp stout
- 1 tsp Co-op English mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 50g Co-op wild rocket
- Handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Co-op glaze with balsamic vinegar of Modena
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Wipe any dirt off the mushrooms with damp kitchen paper. Remove and finely chop the mushroom stalks, then set aside.
- Put the de-stalked mushrooms and cherry tomatoes on a baking tray. Mix together the cheese, mushroom stalks, egg yolks, stout, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and half the chilli, if using. Season, then spoon into the mushrooms.
- Scatter over the remaining chilli and bake in the oven, along with the tomatoes, for 20 mins, or until the topping is golden. Serve the mushrooms and tomatoes on a bed of rocket, with the parsley scattered over and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Prawn, prosecco & lemon risotto
Elevate classic risotto with some luxurious Co-op ingredients
Serves 2 • Ready in 35 mins, plus defrosting
- 200g pack frozen Co-op Irresistible jumbo king prawns
- 30g Co-op unsalted butter
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 175g Co-op Italian risotto rice
- 250ml Co-op Irresistible prosecco
- 650ml hot chicken stock, made with 1 reduced-salt stock cube
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 100g Co-op wild rocket
- 30g parmesan, shaved or grated
- Defrost the prawns according to the pack instructions.
- Melt half the butter in a frying pan, then cook the onion for 10 mins, until softened. Add the rice and stir for 1 minute, then add 100ml of the prosecco and stir until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add a ladle of hot chicken stock and stir until absorbed. Repeat until you have used up all of the stock (about 20 mins). Keep the risotto warm on a very low heat.
- Melt the rest of the butter in another pan and cook the garlic for 1 minute, until golden, then add the remaining prosecco and the lemon juice. Cook for 1-2 mins, until reduced by a third, then add the parsley and season to taste. Add the prawns and cook for a further 1-2 mins, or until heated through.
- Stir the rocket through the risotto until just wilted, then serve topped with the prawns, lemon zest and parmesan.
Raspberry & strawberry panna cotta jellies (GF)
These look and taste amazing!
Serves 2 • Ready in 30 mins, plus soaking and chilling
- 4 gelatin leaves
- 125ml Co-op double cream
- 100ml Co-op whole milk
- 40g Fairtrade caster sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 75g Co-op strawberries, plus extra to serve
- 75g Co-op raspberries, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp Co-op clear honey
- A few sprigs of mint, to garnish
- Soak 2 gelatin leaves in cold water for 10 mins, then squeeze them out.
- Heat the cream, milk and sugar in a pan until just boiling. Take off the heat, add the gelatin and stir until dissolved. Add half the lemon juice.
- To set the panna cottas at an angle, line a baking dish with a tea towel. Put two glass tumblers inside the dish, leaning against the edge at a 45-degree angle. Use another tea towel to secure them if necessary. Pour the cream mixture into each glass and chill for 3-4 hours, until set.
- For the jelly, soak the remaining gelatin leaves in cold water for 10 mins, then squeeze them out.
- Put the strawberries, raspberries, honey and 50ml water in a pan. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 5 mins. Mash with a fork, strain through a sieve, then stir in the gelatin until dissolved. Add the rest of the lemon juice, then leave to cool.
- Pour the mixture over the set panna cottas (stand the glasses upright for this). Chill for another 3-4 hours.
- Take the panna cottas out of the fridge 20 mins before serving. Garnish with slices of strawberry, whole raspberries and mint sprigs.
Valentine’s meal deal for two
Head instore from 10 February and take your pick from the Co-op Irresistible meal deal options.
STARTER + MAIN + SIDE + DESSERT + DRINK
Co-op Irresistible Prosecco, 75cl, shown
* £15 offer valid when purchasing 1 STARTER, 1 MAIN, 1 SIDE, 1 DESSERT and 1 WINE or £12 offer valid when purchasing 1 STARTER, 1 MAIN, 1 SIDE, 1 DESSERT and 1 SOFT DRINK from our Irresistible Meal Deal range, in a single transaction between 10-16 February 2022. Subject to availability. Varieties as stocked. Please drink responsibly. Serving suggestion