Quick & easy
Mix it up from Monday to Friday with these flavour-packed dishes, from Mexican-style chicken to vibrant vegan soup — all super-fast and fuss-free
Serves 4 • Ready in 15 mins
- 1 tbsp Co-op toasted sesame oil
- 320g pack Co-op mixed vegetable stir fry
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 250g pack Co-op rice noodles
- 1.5 litres hot vegetable stock, made with 1½ reduced salt stock cubes
- 1 tbsp Co-op light soy sauce
- Small handful coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat the sesame oil in a large saucepan over a high heat. Add the vegetable stir fry mix and cook for 2-3 mins, until starting to soften.
- Stir in the turmeric and cook for a further 2 mins. Add the noodles, vegetable stock and soy sauce, then simmer for 5 mins more.
- Serve the soup scattered with the coriander, with the lime wedges on the side to squeeze over.
Add any cooked green veggies you have left over from the weekend, and heat through in the soup.
Serves 4 • Ready in 30 mins
- 250g Co-op broccoli, broken into florets
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50g Co-op parmesan wedge, finely grated
- 1 tsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 2 x 220g packs Co-op salmon fillets
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Boil or steam the broccoli for 4 mins, until tender.
- Put the broccoli, garlic, parmesan, oil and basil in a food processor and blitz into a coarse paste.
- Lightly grease a baking tray, then add the salmon fillets, skin-side down. Season, spread with the broccoli mixture and roast for 18-20 mins, or until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil the sweet potato in a large pan for 12-15 mins, until just tender. Drain, leave to steam for a few mins, season, then mash. Serve the salmon with the mash, sprinkled with chives, if you like.
Serves 4 • Ready in 25 mins
- 520g pack Co-op British chicken thigh fillets
- 200g Co-op Mexican mild salsa
- 70g Co-op British mature lighter cheese, grated
- 2 x 250g packs Co-op microwave long grain rice
- 1 small Co-op avocado, finely diced
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 240g pack Co-op spring greens, carrot and babycorn medley
- 80g Co-op lightly salted tortilla chips, gently crushed
- 30g reduced fat soured cream
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7. Put the chicken thighs on a lightly greased baking tray and spread evenly with the salsa. Cook in the oven for 15-20 mins.
- Top the thighs with the grated cheese and bake for a further 10 mins, until melted and bubbling.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions. Once cooked, put it in a bowl and fold through the avocado, coriander, lime zest and juice.
- Cook the veg medley according to the pack instructions, then stir it through the tray with the chicken. Top with the tortilla chips and a drizzle of soured cream, and serve with the avocado rice on the side.
Serves 4 • Ready in 20 mins
- 300g Co-op spaghetti
- 25g Co-op unsalted butter
- 1 Co-op British trimmed leek, sliced
- 1 tbsp yeast extract
- 150ml hot vegetable stock, made with ½ reduced salt stock cube
- 200g Co-op frozen British garden peas
- 60g pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 25g Co-op vegetarian hard cheese, grated
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. While the pasta is cooking, heat the butter in a large nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the leek and cook for 5 mins, until starting to caramelise.
- Mix the yeast extract into the hot vegetable stock, then pour it over the leek mixture. Stir in the peas, then season and cook for 5 mins, until slightly reduced.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a cup of the cooking water. Add the pasta to the leek and yeast extract sauce, toss to coat, then add a splash of the cooking water to loosen.
- Divide the pasta between serving bowls and top with the pine nuts, parsley and grated cheese.
Give yourself a night off kitchen duty with our ready-to-cook braised beef with truffle chips — new instore and delicious served with Tenderstem® broccoli. Just cook according to the pack instructions, then tuck in!
NEW Co-op Irresistible Braised Beef with Truffle Chips, 340g, Co-op Tenderstem® Broccoli, 80g
Co-op Members can get rewards when buying Co-op branded products. Read more here.